May

A HEART WARMING SURPRICE!

Hi everybody,

last week my health insurance company decided for the second time in a row,  they will not pay for my already planed back operation in Belgium! Leaving me with not much options for any recovery from this debilitating and painful injury that I have  for so many years now!  You can imagine that after receiving this bad news, my spirits hit a all time low! Than the next day the mailman dropped a large envelope trough our mailbox, that to my surprise contained the April/May issue of the “Bonsai & Stone Appreciation Magazine” from the Bonsai Clubs International. I had received one copy earlier this year as a price for the pictures of my Bonsai I submitted into the  ” 8Th  International CETRE Online Award”. I thought this earlier copy was the only one I would receive, so I was not counting on this new edition ad all! That was a nice enough surprise as it is, but when I took the magazine out of it’s envelope I really had to sit down in wonderful disbelieve! Because there on the cover was a double picture of my Literati Hawthorn in full bloom and in Autumn colors!

img-bci-magazine-hans-van-meer

I know that this is not the main reason that I am  in to Bonsai Art, but I would be a liar if I would not admit, that I am not happy and honored that my work and trees are appreciated in this special way! It gave my otherwise clouded week a unecspected silver lining and all the more reason to carry on with what I am doing, no matter how hard that some times is at this moment! Bonsai is my sanity and live joy at this moment and this magazine cover will go on the wall to remind me of just that, when ever I need it!

Thank you, my little trees!

Hans van Meer.

Posted in MY WORK | 13 Comments

13 Responses to A HEART WARMING SURPRICE!

1. Jason Gamby says:

Excellent my friend! Sorry to hear about your back and the insurance denying it again. I will email you some pictures of “Tinfoil” soon.

2. Peter Evans says:

Sorry to hear about your bad news. Insurance Co’s are BAD NEWS.
    But,
    Great to see the magazine cover. Like you say we do not do Bonsai for glory but to be recognised is a great pat on the back.
    Well done.

3. Hans van Meer says:

Thanks Jason! I mailed you twice last week, but I dont think you received them?! That happens a lot lately? I will mail you again soon with my other mail address! Stay safe my friend,
    Hans.

Thanks Peter! That’s appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Hans.

4. sam lee says:

congratulations Hans. you do great work. I enjoy your posts. your posts keep KOB fresh and interesting.

5. alfredo espino says:

Your happiness touches my heart Hans. Life is full of unexpected things.
    Cheers,

Alfredo

6. louis nel says:

When enthusiasm and success meet the result is happiness. Congratulations

7. Dannon says:

Congrats!!!! Great tree!

8. Hans van Meer says:

Thank you guy’s! 🙂
    Hans.

9. Tony Tickle says:

Hi Hans, the new site looks great… so sorry to hear of your rotten health problems. I promise to take good care of you when you come over in October.

Tony 🙂 🙂

10. Tom Brown says:

Hans great to see your successes when you have a painful hurdle in your way. Keep the faith.

11. Hans van Meer says:

Hi Tom!!!
    Talking about nice surprises, good to hear from you again my friend! 🙂
    I got plenty of faith! But I cant stand straight! 🙂
    Hans.

12. Roberto Ainslie says:

Just wanted you to know that I’ve shown the cover of the magazine to several friends who aren’t familiar with bonsai, and they were all blown away! It’s been a great way to help friends understand why I love this art form. I didn’t know whose trees they were, and I’m happy to know now. It’s a beautiful tree.

13. Hi Roberto,
    that’s nice to hear and I am glad you found your way to my Blog! I dont know if you found my website already? But here you can read the story of this tree:
    Cheers,