Mar

IT TOOK ME A WILE, BUT HERE IS THE NEW “SWAN”.

Hi, everybody,

it might have taken me the better part of 2 days, but today I finished the styling of the foliage on “THE SWAN”.  The tree was placed just too high for me, to comfortably wire it and I am not able to lift a big tree like this anymore, with the state my back is in at this moment. I might only just start working on Shohin in the future. NOT! 🙂 I had to make some big decisions and a lot of branches had to be removed and replaced by the branches I had allowed to grow especially for this purpose. Just how this all was done, you can read on my website in a few days! Together with the story of the first styling of “THE SWAN”!

24-3-2009-001-web2

28-3-2008-063-web1

Well, here she is, the new “SWAN”! I am really pleased with the result so far, it is going a lot faster than I had hoped for. The whole tree has so much character and a nice flow to it, the vibrant green foliage leaning on and embracing the massive hollow trunk, with all it’s deadwood, clinging on to live on this weather battered fallen over high mountain pine. It is almost a living JING/JANG symbol I am really Hope you like it so far?

More deadwood work will follow tomorrow!

Cheers,

Hans.

Info: karamottobonsai@hotmail.com

————————————————————————————–

Posted in MY WORK | 6 Comments

6 Responses to IT TOOK ME A WILE, BUT HERE IS THE NEW “SWAN”.

1. Dannon says:

Wow!!! what a change from when you first started posting about this tree. The name “the swan” fits well.

2. Dannon says:

3. Peter Evans says:

GO easy on the deadwood. It looks great now

4. Peter Evans says:

GO easy on the deadwood. It looks great now

5. Hans van Meer says:

Thanks Dannon, the changes a Bonsai can go trough in a single styling or a year of growth, amazes my every single time!
    No Peter dont worry, it is more cleaning up the inside of the tree and some other rotten arias. And a one time protection treadment with lime sulfur. I will post some pics after I finished this answer! :
    Cheers,