Mar

A CLEANING UP WITH A TWIST!

It was just before diner time and about to get dark, that I realised that I had to still clean up my working aria, from the work I had don, that afternoon! From the repoting of the Hawthorn, I kept the little Alpine plant that was growing in the same pot. This Alpine plant was growing in the roots of a Yamadori Pine I bought in the mid nineties. From that original plant,  I repotted some in small pots. The one that has been growing along side, this Hawthorn, must have landed there by excited. I don’t like to wasted anything that’s alive, especially when it is something so pretty as this plant! So I looked for some pots to put the plant in. When I had a brainwave :), I have some beautiful stones from the English shores, that were given to me, by my dear friend Terry Foster, that were not yet used for anything. So I divided the small plant into two and planted it on the rocks in a mix of Kato clay and Akadame dust. I think they look cool now and I have a good reason to display these stunning rocks as well!

11-3-2009-108-web2

Wile I was making room in my winter shelter, to get to a  Hawthorn I needed to work on, I brought this “Itogawa”  Tanuki outside. Now just before dark,  I bended, with out any wire, some of the new growth, trough and under need the deadwood. So It can grow in the right direction. And I think it is starting to make a pretty image. This way, this beautiful piece of deadwood is not lost, but can still be appreciated in this marriage with the vibrant green Juniper. As you can see in the pictures, it was already dark, when I made them! It was about time to go in, and wash up before diner, Kato clay makes you hands look awful. I could do with some nice Chinese food and a beer, it was a great Bonsai day! 🙂

I like doing those silly little things, just acting on a hunch! 🙂

11-3-2009-113-web

Here the Juniper is standing next to the Shohin Hawthorn I worked on this afternoon.

I only rewired this small Hawthorn and did some re positioning of the branches. I think this little gem is going to be beautiful some day!

More later,

Hans van Meer.

Posted in MY WORK, Uncategorized | 12 Comments

12 Responses to A CLEANING UP WITH A TWIST!

1. Andrea says:

Very nice hawthorn Hans! It’s a little masterpiace!

2. Andrea says:

Very nice hawthorn Hans! It’s a little masterpiace!

3. Rob Kempinski says:

Hans, The shohin Hawthorn is very cool.
    Nice work with the rocks. i do similar things too. What a hobby!

4. Rob Kempinski says:

Hans, The shohin Hawthorn is very cool.
    Nice work with the rocks. i do similar things too. What a hobby!

5. Hans

The Hawthorn looks fantastic, such a powerfull little tree. You should call him “Yokozuna” Grand Champion!

All the best my friend

Andy

6. Hans

All the best my friend

Andy

7. Hans van Meer says:

Hi Rob, I know. Like Jeff Dunham puppet “PEANUT” says when he hears about people like us: GAYyyyy!!! 🙂
    Thanks Andy, your to kind sire! I would not call any off my trees A champion, I don’t win things! I don’t like the right people, I guess! No, just kidding, this one still has a long way to go though. But I cant wait, I can tell you that! 🙂
    Cheers guy’s,
    Hans.

8. Hans van Meer says:

Cheers guy’s,
    Hans.

9. Pingback: The Bonsai Blog of Hans van Meer » Blog Archive » A ROCK PLANTING THAT SHOWS IT ALL!

10. Pingback: The Bonsai Blog of Hans van Meer » Blog Archive » A ROCK PLANTING THAT SHOWS IT ALL!

11. Tony Tickle says: